We provide Full Title Searches (historical searches up to 40 years), two-owner searches, and streamlined searches (Current owner, Legal & Vesting, Deed & Mortgage) for refinance, residential, and commercial products.
Full Title Search
- Detailed full title search on current and previous owners, done for Sale/Resale transactions and for transactions that involve construction loans for insured products.
- Includes searches related to property lien, easements, CC&Rs – covenants, conditions and restrictions, agreements, and resolutions and ordinances that affect real property.
- We also do historical searches up to 50 years for additional pricing.
Current owner/Two-Owner Search
- Current owner search involve searching for the details of the present title holder of the subject property and the latest deed with consideration.
- Two-Owner title search is for the last two owners in the chain of title of the subject property.
- Search done by searching from the current date backwards.
- Details like Vesting Deed, Current Tax status, county assessment information, open mortgages, judgments, liens, and legal description will be captured.
- This search is usually done for origination of Home Equity transactions, short sale, foreclosure auctions, and pre-tax auctions.
- We can examine all financial and legal aspects associated with the property from the appropriate public records. A thorough check is done regarding taxes, any litigation issues, liens or other claims and a report is prepared based on the findings.
- The Examination procedure involves reviewing past deeds, wills, and trusts to make sure the title has passed correctly to each new owner.
- Verify that all prior mortgages, judgments, and other liens have been paid in full.
- Verify the validity and authentication of all the relevant documents.
- Prepare a detailed write-up providing the list of exceptions and requirements. The examiners also provide codes for the typists for preparing the Commitment or Title Reports.
- The search package.
- The Property Index, General Index.
- Review of chain of title to ensure no break in chain.
- All documents have proper authentication and validity.
- The exceptions and requirements prepared by the examiner
Legal and Vesting search
- This search is conducted by pulling all relevant deed documents and identifying the latest vesting deed.
- Details like property address parcel number, owner’s name, legal description, and tax information are captured and a report is prepared with these details.
- After the title search, we can help you to prepare a draft of the initial title commitment that will set out the terms and conditions for title insurance of the property under consideration.